- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
An unusal combination of ingredients encased in pastry! These are tasty and great for when having guests for dinner!
Stirlingshire, Scotland, UK
6 people made this
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 15g (1/2 oz) butter or margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 225g (8 oz) minced beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- to taste salt and pepper
- 750g (1 1/2 lb) puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:40min ›Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:1hr40min
- Heat the oil and butter or margarine and fry the onion until soft but not browned. Stir in the mince and cook until brown, then add the pepper, ginger, chilli powder and tomato puree and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Roll out the pastry and cut into eight 15cm (6 in) circles and prick them with a fork. Place spoonfuls of the mixture in the centre of each and dampen the edges. Fold in half, seal the edges and chill for 30 minutes.
- Lay the puffs on a greased baking tray and brush the tops with the mixed egg and water. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C / Gas 7 for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
used shop bought puff pastry,and made a few little ones for packed lunch.-22 Mar 2013