- Root vegetables
- Potato side dishes
- Baked potato
This salmon recipe is delicious and amazingly easy to make. It is a seemingly simple combination of potatoes, onions, roasted red pepper, mushrooms and salmon, but is packed with flavour.
33 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large red onions, sliced into rings
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, drained and cut into strips
- 4 (225g) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 225g portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Coat the bottom of a 20x30cm baking dish generously with olive oil.
- Arrange potato slices in a layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Season with a little salt and pepper. Place a layer of onions over the potatoes, then a layer of roasted peppers, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper as desired. Place salmon fillets over the vegetables in the dish, and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place whole mushrooms over the fillets, and drizzle them with sesame oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Fish should flake easily with a fork, and potatoes should be tender.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(32)
Reviews in English (26)
Oh yeah, baby. This one is a winner! Ironically, having been an this site.com member for a long time, I actually learned of this recipe from a posting at another website. Thankfully, they gave proper credit to this site.com. I didn't have the mushrooms called for in the recipe, so I just used a 10 ounce can of mushroom stems and pieces, and it was exceptional. I'm trying to eat healthier again and this one is a nice choice for that. Next time, I may add more onions, potatoes, and roasted red peppers ... more would have been better, especially if one doesn't prepare another side dish. Good stuff!-30 Jun 2005
by MidMo Gal
This was a delicious recipe. My family loved it. I did have a problem getting the potatos to be done enough. I think next time I may put the potatos in first and then add the salmon nearer to the end. I will definately make this again.-03 Jan 2006
by Patrice Williams
This is VERY GOOD! Some of the reviews make me wonder if people actually followed the recipe. It is true that the potatoes dont get done enough, realizing this we actually cut the potatoes super thin and cooked them with the onions for fifteen minutes... But they still werent done. This dish has a very simple, clean flavor. We made sure to season each layer very well with salt and pepper and followed the recipe to the letter. Will definitely make again but cook potatoes longer before adding the rest of the ingredients....-15 Jul 2009