- Dish type
Homemade granola is healthier and tastier than shop bought, not to mention less expensive. It's also very easy to make. This is a fantastic recipe that tastes great with milk or with yoghurt and fresh fruit.
42 people made this
- 330g porridge oats
- 170g wheatgerm
- 60g chopped walnuts
- 60g chopped almonds
- 120g dried cranberries
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 425g honey, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:1hr cooling › Ready in:1hr35min
- Preheat the oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, wheatgerm, walnuts, almonds and dried cranberries. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Drizzle over the dry ingredients, and stir to coat evenly. Spread the mixture out in a thin layer on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes to toast evenly. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Granola will become crunchier as it cools.
Instead of dried cranberries, you can use any other dried fruit - sultanas, raisins, chopped dates, currants, blueberries, etc.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(38)
Reviews in English (26)
My first effort at home made Granola. This recipe is excellent and produces a very authentic result. Produced a kilo of Granola which was devoured by the family by the following morning.Next time I will be rationing it! Used mixed fruit instead of cranberries.-14 Feb 2012
by Sarah Jo
I only made one change in the recipe's ingredients--I used chopped pecans in place of the walnuts. I mixed everything together BUT the cranberries. I baked my granola at 250 for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes. When the granola was crisp, I took it out, let it cool and then stirred in the cranberries (The reason I did this was because I've never had luck cooking the raisins/cranberries with the granola. For some reason, they always turn out burned. Now, I just add them after baking). The combination of ingredients in this granola were fantastic--very, VERY good.-09 Aug 2012
Fun & easy to make. I've made this a few times already & usually add raisins. Great for healthy snack or homemade cereal. I suggest after baking you spread it on wax paper to allow it to cool & get crunchy. It might stick on pan as it hardens.-22 Mar 2005